Congratulations to our victorious Indoor Athletics Team:
From a sixteen-strong semi-final, four teams got through to the final at Hathershaw School.
Events included sprints, relays, javelin, chest pass, speed bounce and long jump.
The competition was fierce with athletes performing to the highest standards.
The winning athletes were: Devon Hawkins, Justin Lawrence, Harley Greenwood, James Byrom, Lydia Harland, Leona Lowe, Freya Scott, Ruby Nuttall and Sasha Mirza.
Another Fabulous performance - well done!
This half terms sport!
The boys A-team (football) performed brilliantly at the cluster event winning 4, drawing 1 and losing 3 only conceding 3 goals overall. We have also had a solid start to our league season winning 5-1 vs Propps Hall and narrowly missing out to Higher Failsworth 4-3.
The girls team (football) did fantastically to reach the finals this year making it through qualification winning 7 and only losing 1. We managed to finish 4th out of 18 teams! A magnificent performance!
Cross country training has been on going for a few weeks now with an unbelievable turn out once again. Teams have been chosen and competition will take place on 9th Novemeber.
Athletics practise has also started. Competition will take place next half term.
A great start to the year! Well done all involved!
Year 5/6 Boys football training at school
Thursday 7th September, Monday 11th, Thursday 14th September (3:10-4pm)
Tournament at Hathershaw (selected pupils only)
Thursday 21st September, Thursday 28th September (3:10-5pm)
Clubs/ competitions for this half term. Please note that teams will be chosen after several training sessions and not all pupils will be selected. Training will start the week commencing 19th June. Dates are to be confirmed and will be sent by parent mail.
Clubs/ activities this half term:
|Year 5/6 Rounder's (girls only)||
Competition: Tuesday 4th July (Alexandra Park).
Training dates: Thursday 22nd & 29th June (St Martin's).
|Year 5/6 Uni Hockey (mixed)||
Competition: Thursday 29th June (St Thomas Werneth).
Training dates: Monday 19th & 26th June (St Martin's).
|Year 5/6 Multi skills||
Competition: Thursday 22nd June (Hathershaw).
No training sessions will take place.
Year 3/ 4 Football
The year 3/4 football team got off to a flying start this Thursday winning 4 and drawing one.
1-1 vs Northmoor
3-2 vs Alt
2-0 vs St Hugh's
2-0 vs Werneth
3-0 vs St Hilda's
Well done boys!
Up coming competitions
Thursday 16th March: Year 5/6 Netball (Selected pupils only)
Thursday 30th March (amended from March 21st): Year 6 Tag Rugby Finals (Selected pupils only)
Both events will take place at Hathershaw School from 3:30-5:00.
Next half term
- Netball club will run every Wednesday night until the cluster tournament at Hathershaw on Thursday 16th March. All year 5 and 6 are invited to training but only selected pupils will be invited to the competition.
- Dodgeball: There will be no Dodgeball club, but selected children will be invited to a competition at Hathershaw on Thursday 23rd February.
- Tag Rugby: There will be a Rugby tournament on Sunday 5th March. This is an invite only event. Details will be sent to chosen pupils parents.
- Special classes: Year 4 and 6 will be treated to a lesson each Wednesday from a professional cricket coach who has worked at international level!
Happy half term!
Boys Football results
St Martin's A-team cruised to victory, beating Stoneleigh 6-0 in our 3rd league fixture. That's 3 wins in 3! Well done boys!
A huge well done to our Year 6 Handball team who finished 2nd at the Cluster Competition. We were just pipped to 1st place by St Hugh's who won 4-3 in our head to head clash.
St Martin's 7-0 Westwood.
St Martin's 3-4 St Hugh's.
St Martin's 5-0 Werneth.
A fantastic performance, unlucky not to win it. Well done boys and girls!!!
A huge congratulations to the boys football team who eased past Horton Mill in their second league fixture, winning 7-1!
Clubs and competitions this term:
- Handball club (Year 6): 3:15-4:00 every Monday. The final session will take place 30th January.
- Handball heats: 3:15-5:00 on Thursday 2nd February at Hathershaw school. This will be for selected pupils only.
- Handball finals (if qualify): 3:15-5:00 on Thursday 2nd March at Hathershaw school.
- Volleyball club (Year 5): 3:15-4:00 every Thursday. The final session will take place 2nd February.
- Volleyball competition : 3:15-4:00 on Thursday 9th February. This will be for selected pupils only.
- Tag Rugby competition: Selected pupils from year 6 will be taken to watch Oldham play Sheffield on Sunday 5th February. Before the game they will compete in a competition with 4 other schools. If your child is selected, all of the information will be sent to you via parent mail.
What a term! Here are the best bits...
- Boys year 5/6 football A-team came second remaining unbeaten after 10 games. They have also gone on to win their first league game 4-1.
- The boys B-team performed brilliantly to clinch 4th place in their competition.
- Girls year 5/6 football made it to the finals for the first time!
- Our cross country team mopped up coming 1st in three races and 2nd in one, becoming overall champions in the process. We also produced a new record high attendance with 68 pupils battling to make the team.
- The year 5/6 athletics team performed fantastically winning the East Oldham cluster tournament. This means we can now represent East Oldham at the borough games!!!
- Year 2 did St Martin's proud and brought home several medals from the multi-skills competition.
- And finally, Year 5 pupils started on their journey to become sports leaders.
It has been a fantastic term for sport and there is more to come! Next term will provide opportunities for pupils to participate in Handball, Dodge ball, Volleyball, Multi-skills, Tag Rugby and Netball! The dates and times will be confirmed closer to the time so keep checking.
We are also very excited to have an ex-professional rugby player/ professional rugby coach coming in to teach Year 4 and 6 on Wednesday afternoons next half term! Please make sure your children have appropriate outdoor clothing.
Thank you to all parents for your fantastic support this term (we always outnumber other schools). Please continue to encourage your children to come to clubs and stay active!
Cross country champions!
A huge congratulations to the St Martin's team who dominated last weeks competition at Alexandra Park. The Year 1/2, Year 5/6 girls and Year 5/6 boys teams won their events with Year the 3/4 team coming in a close second. Overall, St Martin's were declared clear winners.
We are extremely proud of the whole team who showed an incredible attitude both in competition and when conducting themselves in front of other schools. I would also like to thank parents/ carers for showing up in force and providing fantastic support.
Follow the link to see the write up on the Oldham Chronicle website... The paper has a more detailed report and more pictures, make sure you get a copy!
21/11/16 - training at 3:10 - 3:45
24/11/16 - competition Alexandra Park - 9:45 - 11:30 (selected pupils only)
Training - 28/11/16 (Thursday)
1/12/16 - competition at Hathershaw - 3:30 (for selected pupils)
Next half-term there will be a handball club & a dodgeball club as well as a multi-skills competition for Year 5 & 6. Dates to be confirmed.