Listen to the story "The Enormous Turnip" you can find it here on YouTube:
- Draw a picture from the story
- Can you say what happened at the beginning; in the middle; at the end?
- Who were the characters in the story?
Get some vegetables from your kitchen.
- Can you name the vegetables?
- Order the vegetables by size - Which is the biggest? Which is the smallest?
- Can you think of any other words for big and small?
- Are there any other ways that you can sort the vegetables? (colour, how they grow, texture?)
Jigsaw (Personal, Social and Emotional Development)
Weekly Celebration: Know how to be a good friend and enjoy healthy friendships
Listen to the story "A Friend Like You" by Andrea Schomburg you can find it here on YouTube:
- Draw a picture of a friend
- What do you like doing with your friend?
- Why do you like to play with them?
- What do they do if you are sad or hurt?
- How do you feel when you are with your friend?
- Are you both good at the same things? If not how do you encourage one another?