Welcome to Year Six!
Update: Homework and spellings will now be handed out on Wednesdays.
Homework will be due on the following Wednesday.
Spelling test - Wednesdays.
We have PE on a Friday afternoon, so please make sure your PE kit is in school.
READING: book bags are to be taken home and brought back into school daily. Although we provide you with independent reading time in school, it is important for you to be reading at home too.
Unit 3: Four operations
Unit 4: Fractions
Setting Description - Chichen Itza
A Christmas Carole
The Maya Civilisation
Why should we remember the Maya?
In this unit, the children will:
• establish clear narratives within and across periods they study
• regularly address historically valid questions about similarity and difference and significance
• construct informed responses that involve thoughtful selection and organisation of relevant historical information
• understand how our knowledge of the past is constructed from a range of sources
• note connections, contrasts and trends over time
• develop the appropriate use of historical terms
• address and devise historically valid questions about change, cause and significance
U2.8 Christmas in the Gospels: Why do Christians believe that Jesus is the Messiah? (Incarnation)
¿Tienes Una Mascota? (Do
Desayuno En El Café
My Happy Mind
Meet your brain
The Ladder Family (l, i, u, t, y and j)
The One-Armed Robot Family (n, m and h)
Just a reminder...
We have decided to re-brand our SPOT bands to SHINE bands in line with our school ethos.
To achieve and keep your SHINE band you must be:
S - spiritually & socially responsible
H - high achievers
I - Independent
N - Nurtured
E - Empowered to meet life's challenges
Here are a few examples of how you might show this:
- persevere in your learning
- show respect to the school and the people in it
- make sure you are listening at all times
- take pride in your presentation
- demonstrate excellent manners
- try to have a growth mindset
- be a true role model
ALL of the time!
Our current class novel is The Final Year.
10.10.23 Trip to the Library
Year 6 were exceptional on their trip to the library and showed exemplary behaviour during their visit. They listened well, enjoyed exploring the library, reading books and taking part in activities such as the scavenger hunt.
This was our first visit and definitely won't be our last.
Year 6 SHINE bright while they shine a light on their reading.