Autumn 2 PE units:
Year 1- Multi-skills
Year 2- Gymnastics
Year 3- Netball
Year 4- Indoor athletics
Year 5- Football (outdoors)
Year 6- Gymnastics
Please ensure pupils bring appropriate kit for lessons :)
|Club (January- March)||Dates|
Training: Thursday 10th January until 3:50pm
Competition: Thursday 17th January at Hathershaw until 4:50pm
Training: Thursday 24th and 31st January until 4pm
Competition: Thursday 7th February at Hathershaw until 4:50pm
Training: Monday 21st and 28th January until 4pm
Competition: Thursday 31st January at Hathershaw until 4:50pm
|Fitness club Y3/4||Every Wednesday this half term|
All pupils must be picked up no later than 4pm for clubs and 4:50pm at Hathershaw for competitions.
|Clubs in the next half term|
|Y 5/6 Multi-skills (Competition only)|
|Y 5/6 Handball (Training and Competition)|
|Y 5/6 Girls Dodgeball (Training and Competition)|
|Y 5/6 Tag Rugby (Training only)|
|Y 3/4 Fitness camp (Training only)|
|Please note that KS1 and lower Key stage 2 competitions occur later in the year.|
Football's coming home!
A massive congratulations to our boys A-team footballers who performed brilliantly at the finals! An even bigger congratulations to our girls team who became St Martin's first ever winners of the competition! Brilliant result!
Clubs/ competitions for this half term. Please note that teams will be chosen after several training sessions and not all pupils will be selected. Training will start the week commencing 19th June. Dates are to be confirmed and will be sent by parent mail.
Clubs/ activities this half term:
|Year 5/6 Rounder's (girls only)||
Competition: Tuesday 4th July (Alexandra Park).
Training dates: Thursday 22nd & 29th June (St Martin's).
|Year 5/6 Uni Hockey (mixed)||
Competition: Thursday 29th June (St Thomas Werneth).
Training dates: Monday 19th & 26th June (St Martin's).
|Year 5/6 Multi skills||
Competition: Thursday 22nd June (Hathershaw).
No training sessions will take place.
Year 3/ 4 Football
The year 3/4 football team got off to a flying start this Thursday winning 4 and drawing one.
1-1 vs Northmoor
3-2 vs Alt
2-0 vs St Hugh's
2-0 vs Werneth
3-0 vs St Hilda's
Well done boys!
Up coming competitions
Thursday 16th March: Year 5/6 Netball (Selected pupils only)
Thursday 30th March (amended from March 21st): Year 6 Tag Rugby Finals (Selected pupils only)
Both events will take place at Hathershaw School from 3:30-5:00.
Next half term
- Netball club will run every Wednesday night until the cluster tournament at Hathershaw on Thursday 16th March. All year 5 and 6 are invited to training but only selected pupils will be invited to the competition.
- Dodgeball: There will be no Dodgeball club, but selected children will be invited to a competition at Hathershaw on Thursday 23rd February.
- Tag Rugby: There will be a Rugby tournament on Sunday 5th March. This is an invite only event. Details will be sent to chosen pupils parents.
- Special classes: Year 4 and 6 will be treated to a lesson each Wednesday from a professional cricket coach who has worked at international level!
Happy half term!
Boys Football results
St Martin's A-team cruised to victory, beating Stoneleigh 6-0 in our 3rd league fixture. That's 3 wins in 3! Well done boys!
A huge well done to our Year 6 Handball team who finished 2nd at the Cluster Competition. We were just pipped to 1st place by St Hugh's who won 4-3 in our head to head clash.
St Martin's 7-0 Westwood.
St Martin's 3-4 St Hugh's.
St Martin's 5-0 Werneth.
A fantastic performance, unlucky not to win it. Well done boys and girls!!!
A huge congratulations to the boys football team who eased past Horton Mill in their second league fixture, winning 7-1!
Clubs and competitions this term:
- Handball club (Year 6): 3:15-4:00 every Monday. The final session will take place 30th January.
- Handball heats: 3:15-5:00 on Thursday 2nd February at Hathershaw school. This will be for selected pupils only.
- Handball finals (if qualify): 3:15-5:00 on Thursday 2nd March at Hathershaw school.
- Volleyball club (Year 5): 3:15-4:00 every Thursday. The final session will take place 2nd February.
- Volleyball competition : 3:15-4:00 on Thursday 9th February. This will be for selected pupils only.
- Tag Rugby competition: Selected pupils from year 6 will be taken to watch Oldham play Sheffield on Sunday 5th February. Before the game they will compete in a competition with 4 other schools. If your child is selected, all of the information will be sent to you via parent mail.
What a term! Here are the best bits...
- Boys year 5/6 football A-team came second remaining unbeaten after 10 games. They have also gone on to win their first league game 4-1.
- The boys B-team performed brilliantly to clinch 4th place in their competition.
- Girls year 5/6 football made it to the finals for the first time!
- Our cross country team mopped up coming 1st in three races and 2nd in one, becoming overall champions in the process. We also produced a new record high attendance with 68 pupils battling to make the team.
- The year 5/6 athletics team performed fantastically winning the East Oldham cluster tournament. This means we can now represent East Oldham at the borough games!!!
- Year 2 did St Martin's proud and brought home several medals from the multi-skills competition.
- And finally, Year 5 pupils started on their journey to become sports leaders.
It has been a fantastic term for sport and there is more to come! Next term will provide opportunities for pupils to participate in Handball, Dodge ball, Volleyball, Multi-skills, Tag Rugby and Netball! The dates and times will be confirmed closer to the time so keep checking.
We are also very excited to have an ex-professional rugby player/ professional rugby coach coming in to teach Year 4 and 6 on Wednesday afternoons next half term! Please make sure your children have appropriate outdoor clothing.
Thank you to all parents for your fantastic support this term (we always outnumber other schools). Please continue to encourage your children to come to clubs and stay active!
Cross country champions!
A huge congratulations to the St Martin's team who dominated last weeks competition at Alexandra Park. The Year 1/2, Year 5/6 girls and Year 5/6 boys teams won their events with Year the 3/4 team coming in a close second. Overall, St Martin's were declared clear winners.
We are extremely proud of the whole team who showed an incredible attitude both in competition and when conducting themselves in front of other schools. I would also like to thank parents/ carers for showing up in force and providing fantastic support.
Follow the link to see the write up on the Oldham Chronicle website... The paper has a more detailed report and more pictures, make sure you get a copy!