This week we will be following the BBC Bitesize daily lessons on ...
Today's focus is using commas in lists when writing sentences.
There are 3 activities, you can choose to do as much or as little as you would like.
Watch the video for Comparing number sentences: Week 3 lesson 2 on www.whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-2/
Complete the questions to go with it on the worksheet in your workbooks.
There are other related activities you could practise on ...
Wider curriculum (History)
As you learnt yesterday Friday is a very important day, celebrating the 75th anniversary of VE day. There will be lots of celebrations around the country, although lots will now be taking place at home.
Your learning tasks for today, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday will be to choose one (or more than one!) of these activities each day, preparing for some celebrations on Friday.
- Create an invitation for the celebrations - can you design a poster with a red, white and blue theme?
- Look at what children would have worn for celebrations in the 1940s, can you plan your party outfit for Friday?
- Research some wartime songs that they would have sung at that time. Learn some ready to sing on Friday.
- Research some wartime dances such as the Lindy hop and have a go at learning one.
Bitesize Dance party in the 1940s
- Research ration recipes you could make. Make a menu card for party food you could make and eat on Friday.
- Make some party food using rationing recipes.
- Listen to Winston Churchill’s speech to the country that he gave on VE day. How would it have felt to listen to that speech live? Who is Winston Churchill and why is he famous? Create a short fact file about him.
- Make some bunting to decorate your house or garden. Here are some links about using things at home to make bunting.
BBC Great British Bunting
- Create a VE day medal using different materials you have around the house.
- Make some British party food to share with your family.
Street party recipes
- If you like drawing, have a go at designing, and perhaps even making, your own VE day medal, like these:
I would love to see anything you make, design or do for this exciting day so send me any photographs you take!