Hello everyone, here are some activities that you can do each day to help with your learning.
Join Joe Wicks - The Body Coach every morning at 9:00 am on youtube.com/thebodycoach1
Wednesday 22nd April 2020
BBC Bitesize have daily lessons at https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/
All these lessons are suitable for year 1.
Please can you write these sentences out again adding the correct punctuation and then read them to an adult?
katie morag slipped on the wet cold sand
the parcels that Katie had to deliver got mixed up
on the island of stuary there was a tall, bright lighthouse
katie s grannie helped her give the parcel to the correct people
her mummy and daddy owned a shop that the post office was in
Here are some types of punctuation you could use - . , ? A ’
• Choose a number of things to work with, and put that many objects into a bag.
• You can use crayons, coins, beans, buttons, etc.
• Grab a handful of the items and count them. Use subtraction to work out how many items are now left in the bag.
• Write down the calculation.
• Encourage counting up or back.
• Let your partner have a turn.
• Whoever leaves the least amount in the bag is the winner.
Design and Technology
As we have been looking at islands this week can you make an island using boxes, Lego, Play Dough, leaves, twigs or anything you might have at home that you can use. Take a photograph of your Island and please email it to the Year 1 email address. I have added some Island ideas.